A Dynamic Field of Study
The field of human resources and industrial relations encompasses all aspects of the employment relationship, from human resource management to labor relations and beyond. By blending theory and practice, our degree programs provide our full-time and part-time students with a multi-disciplinary foundation in economics, psychology, business, ethics, culture, and law.
Current research and practice issues include:
- How organizations empower employees and unleash intellectual capital to succeed in the global economy.
- How HR professionals move beyond administration to become strategic business partners.
- How the field of HRIR provides leadership as organizations reinvent themselves to focus on core competencies?
- How employment is becoming more family-friendly, flexible, and responsive.
- How to create public policies and grow institutions that balance the interests of workers and employers in a global economy.