Share your expertise with the business leaders of tomorrow. Alumni who engage our students are instrumental in guiding their ongoing development. Explore an array of opportunities to help students thrive.
This alumni conversations series, is an informal interviewing program that will connect prospective MBA students with members of the Carlson community. We will be launching this program in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, New York City, San Francisco, and Washington DC. Contact Tedi Mason, Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni play a key role in supporting students as they prepare for their careers. You can share your insights and experiences by participating in industry panels, speaking opportunities or networking events. For more information, please contact the Undergraduate Business Career Center at email@example.com or the Graduate Business Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carlson School Mentors are asked to:
- Commit to mentoring one student during the academic year (from September to April)
- Meet with your student at least once a month (in person, phone, or Skype)
- Commit to being accessible and engaged throughout the mentoring relationship
- Provide guidance and support while sharing personal and professional experiences with your student
- Have at least two years of business experience beyond your undergraduate degree
- If available, attend the Fall Mentorship KickOff in September, with your student (for mentors in the Twin Cities area)
There is no expectation that internships or employment opportunities will result from this experience. We make every attempt at matching the student's major and interests with the mentor's area of expertise whenever possible.
We are looking for alumni and friends of Carlson interested in being a mentor who are living internationally to be paired with students as well. If you are interested or know someone who is, please share this information with them.
Applications for the 2016-2017 Mentorship Program are now open! The priority deadline is June 30, 2016:
- Visit carlsonschool.chronus.com to access the application
- Click the ‘Join' button
- Complete the basic profile information and click the ‘Submit’ button
- Your basic information will be sent to the Mentorship Program Coordinator for review
- Matches will be sent to mentors in early September
NOTE: If you have served as a mentor in previous years (including last year), it is necessary to complete a new application each year that you wish to participate.
If you have questions about the program or application process, please contact Chad Ellsworth at email@example.com.
The Carlson Alumni Board advises the dean and the director of alumni relations on how to best create a partnership with the alumni community to ensure the continued excellence of the Carlson School. Please contact Sarah Oehler, Director, Annual Giving & Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.